Adapt proudly introduces the Julian Bah signature Brutale!
Julian Bah is a legend in the sport and has been a part of the Adapt family for a long time now.
To celebrate our continued collaboration, we are releasing the new Julian Bah signature Brutale skate! The skate comes in all anthracite grey nubuck, with blue details.
The 2021 Julian Bah Brutale has got several upgrades:
- The padding in the heel pocket is upgraded for improved fit.
- The nubuck skin is reinforced with ballistic nylon to prevent leather stress around eyelets.
- The internal Sixmount plates and torsion bar are now made of aluminium instead of steel. This is not only lighter, it also gives an overall better looking finish.
- The bottom 3 eyelet sets are now wider apart to allow for more pull on the laces.
- Softfoam added to top of cuff area for improved comfort and fit.
- Re-shaped front leather protection patch.
- New protection fabric between the shell and the soulplate for impact and that typical Adapt sound.
- The Symetrics Alu flat frame is now available in all black, with a black anodized aluminium core.
- The Julian Bah signature Brutale comes with Julian's new pro WIN wheel 60mm/88a!
- The Julian Bah signature Brutale comes with black anodized 'ghost' boltprotector and grey nubuck powerstraps.
- The Julian Bah skate comes with a special Julian Bah signature series plaque.
The Brutale is still made with our trusty nubuck 1.3mm leather. In 2020 we switched from 2mm to 1.3mm nubuck. The thinner material means the skin is just a little bit more flexible, which results in a better fit. While the Stealth model needed some break in time, the Brutale forms to your feet straight out of the box. In short, the nubuck v2 leather provides the same strength and durability but with a better fit. The strap and optional powerstrap are now also single layered to increase fit and comfort. To emphasize the new leather, we went for a new skin design to match the new look.
We also improved the way the skin is mounted onto the shell. This results in a more flat-based bottom of the skate which ensures the Symetrics soulplates and frames fit nicely flush onto the boot. The Brutale shell is made out of diolene, to provide responsiveness, support and natural flex.
The Brutale comes with the v5 Symetrics soulplates. The v5 soulplates have wheel wells for all 4 wheels and allow for up to 65mm wheels to be ridden flat in combination with the Symetrics flat frames. There are now 2 options of Symetrics flat frames; the new Symetrics 60/65 Flat Aluminium frame and the trusty Symetrics 60/65 Flat Plastic frame. The new Aluminium frame provides all the flat-riding features that you have experienced with our Plastic frame, but gives more responsiveness, strength and rigidity. The sliders and h-block can be replaced. Our Plastic frame also got an upgrade, with a new, denser type of plastic to prevent warping and increase strength.
Your setup will be completed with the Symetrics Superfast wheels and you can choose between 60mm and 65mm wheels.
- Nubuck v2 skin material in grey
- Improved skin mounting for flush fit of frames and soulplates
- Breathable airmesh lining
- Heatmoldable tongue
- Cut-to-size, single layered straps
- Canadian waxed laces (200cm/78.75inch)
- Included: cut-to-size, single layered 45 degrees powerstrap
- Diolene shell
- 100% Heatmoldable shell
- v5 Symetrics soulplates
- Max. wheel size: 65mm flat (in combination with Symetrics flat frames)
- Choose your frame: new Symetrics flat Aluminium or upgraded Symetrics flat Plastic
- WIN Julian Bah 60mm/88a wheels
- Symetrics ABEC9 bearings
- 'Ghost' Aluminium CNC machined bolt protector included
Signature Series Julian Bah Brutale Complete
Stock & Production Time
All sizes will be produced on order. Due to production material delivery issues during the pandemic and the exponential increase in demand for inline skates, production time has increased. Production time is about 6-8 weeks right now.
Make sure you order the right size!
Measure your feet as described here.
Watch this video about Adapt sizing.
Size EU Size UK Size US Length (mm) Length (inch) 36 4.0 4.5 236 9.29 37 4.5 5.0 243 9.56 38 5.0 5.5 250 9.84 39 5.5 6.0 257 10.12 40 6.0 7.0 263 10.35 41 7.0 8.0 269 10.59 42 8.0 9.0 276 10.87 43 9.0 10.0 282 11.10 44 9.5 10.5 288 11.34 45 10.0 11.0 295 11.61 46 11.0 12.0 301 11.85 47 12.0 13.0 307 12.09